In accordance with Section 139 of the Highways Act 1980 and Section 65 of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1984, it is a legal requirement that skips placed on a public highway must be lit at night. At present, the current types of skip light that are available are few in number, crude in design and costly.
We are able to offer a skip light which solves all of these problems that incorporates the following features:
- Highly visible 4-way LED design (exceeding that stipulated in paragraph 40 of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 1981 and Statutory Instrument 1981 No. 859)
- Daylight sensor with automatic switch on at dusk
- Rechargeable, eliminating the need for frequent and costly replacement batteries
- Battery power indicator that shows when the skip light is fully charged
- Slimline design for easy storage
- Lockable, tamper-proof and waterproof.
- Highly robust with no external switches and a heavy duty recharging socket
- Simple and comprehensive user instructions
- Tamperproof personalisation, incorporating your company name for identity purposes.